Well, the LAF-250 has been textured using parts of the existing Gauntlet model, tying with the fact (story-wise) that the Gauntlet and the LAF fighters belong to the same pirate 'faction'. It's a very basic texture setup, and to be quite honest I can't see much of anything that I can do to improve it, unless I built the model up to a better standard. I don't think I'm cut out for texturing; I don't understand how you can translate flat images to a 3D model, and the concepts of modelling go against everything I've previously learned as an artist: models are extended from a single shape, rather than consisting of many joined shapes; models are built up and then have the skeleton built within them, whereas models are built and the skeleton rigged to the mesh.
I'm not exactly happy with my models, or my texturing; I don't feel the LAF or the YT models do the artwork justice, and the Gauntlet model is much to thin around the wings for a true 'spacecraft'. As much as I feel they will pull the quality of any animation with them down, however, I know I've got very little time left now and need to get on with animating, less I wind up with nothing to hand in come hand-in later.

No comments:
Post a Comment